Saturday, April 18, 2009

The REAL Baby In the Family

There is a new baby in the family..... and it's a boy! That's right, Ryan's a big BABY! He is going to kill me when he sees this post, but I don't care - hahaha It's no secret that when a new baby comes into the world, everything changes for the new mom and dad. We all know that. But I would imagine, as is the case with us, that in many new families it's the new mom who's life changes the most. Now, before you dads get all up in arms let me just explain. Ryan does SO MUCH to help and is a FANTASTIC Dad! Please don't get me wrong. What I am talking about is the day -to - day things in one's personal life. For example, going to the gym, going to work, doing fun things...get the picture? These are the items I am speaking of that change more for the mom than for the dad. Although I wouldn't change my life for anything, it's drastically changed since Ellie arrived. I no longer get to just hop in the car and go work out for 2 hours. I have to find someone willing and able to watch the little one while I work out. And sometimes I can't find someone to watch her so I have to pass on the workout. The same scenario goes for going to work, going to the grocery store, doing something with friends, etc... This is just the way things are now and I am totally fine with it. So you can imagine my aggravation, frustration, shock, etc...when Ryan started moping around the house last night and this morning because he couldn't go play in a soccer game because I was working and he was in charge of Ellie for the day! Emma is out of town and Dad has to work and I gave Ryan specific instructions NOT to call Casie to babysit because she has to watch Ellie enough already and I didn't want to infringe on her weekend! Because let's face it, we all need a break sometimes! I tried to explain to him that this is just how life is now and we are not always going to get to do what we want to do anymore. I went on to explain how I experience this on a daily basis. I am sure all he heard was Wha Wha Wha like in Charlie Brown cartoons.
So I left to go get ready for work. No sooner had I stepped out of the shower, did Ryan poke his big smiley face in the bathroom and announced...."Casie said she would LOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE to have her!" That's right....BIG FAT BABY RYAN couldn't have his way, so he did what I asked him NOT TO DO, all in the name of SOCCER?!?!?!?!? So, that's the story and thus the reason that I felt the above picture to be very appropriate.

6 comments:

  1. RYAN!!!!! You ought to be ASHAMED of yourself!!!!! To think, soccer over that sweet angel!!! I'm tellin' Mamaw on you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO...NO...please don't do that to me!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's gonna make you sit on the wood pile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain Libby. We love our children but it seems as though we have to find someone to keep them so that we can do the what use to be simple things in life. Josh goes to gym while at work not having to even take the kids. How does that even happen...shouldn't something be a little complicated for them to do. I'll stop now because Josh does lots of things that are wonderful, I just know what you mean Libby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If we've told you once, we've told you a hundred times, we do it all for you. I mean, do you think Ryan and I have sweated, and ached, and worked to achieve the bodies of Greek gods, just for giggles??? NO!!! It's purely for the admiration of our wives. You should feel priveledged. Now please, no more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all make Aunt Bannie smile and smile.....

    ReplyDelete