Monday, April 6, 2009

Mommy's First Day Back To Work



The day finally came. I went back to work today. I have 39 more minutes to go until I can go see Miss Ellie! I am missing her so much and wondering what she has been doing all day. This is a picture of her this morning waiting on Casie to come pick her up! She has on a new outfit because we all know how important it is to look your best on your first day at the babysitter's! She was so good all morning long while I got ready to go and packed her bag and my lunch. I have wanted to call a million times today to see what's happening but I have managed some self control and only called once! She got a great report and I didn't hear any crying in the background, so I was very relieved. I called Ryan to let him know and he laughed at me. He also made fun of me for including a list of things for Casie with Ellie's diaper bag. Boys just don't get it. Why re-invent the wheel? If it's taken us 6 weeks to figure our little girl out, why make someone else go through that process all over again? I would have LOVED a note telling me some tips! This day also coincides with Ryan's Birthday! Happy Birthday Ryan!!!! There will be more pics to follow....33 more minutes!

4 comments:

  1. O...M...G!!!!!! I LOVE HER! How cute she looks! She looks like such a big girl....LOVING the shoes!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She does look so cute! I don't know if you will ever feel like you don't need to leave instructions but, it does get easier to leave them. Also, you did really good calling only once! Way better than I ever did leaving one of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the note, I actually looked back on it several times!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could use a diagram on getting that swaddle just right. When I unwrapped it I thought "o.k. that seems simple"......not so much! When I got finished I felt bad for her. No offense Ryan, but she looked like a little girl whose dad had dressed her!

    ReplyDelete