Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Our First Outing

Today was mine and Ellie's first outing with just the two of us. I have to say I get extremely nervous anytime I take her out in public. She is becoming notorious for her meltdowns and I am so afraid it's going to happen while we're out and I am going to panic. 9 times out of 10 we have a meltdown just getting into the carseat and it's a toss up as to whether or not I'll get her to calm down. But today I was determined to overcome the fear and just do it .... meltdown or not! The trip was to Walmart and Target for a few supplies (and also because I am dying to get out of the house). She had a moment while getting into the carseat, but quickly calmed down and we were ready to go. She did so great! There was a brief crying spell once we left Walmart and I was putting her back in the car, but she recovered and off we went to Target. She was great in Target, but I also looked like a contestant on Supermarket Sweep. I flew through the aisles grabbing just what I needed instead of my usual lingering to look at everything. I was very pleased with how our first trip together turned out. Hopefully there will be many more to come! Stay tuned...

6 comments:

  1. That's good news! Yay Ellie!!! And a BIG YAAAAAAAAAAAY for Mommy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am going to have to keep practicing the outings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more you do it, the easier it gets. Practice makes perfect!! Yay for you and Ellie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh libby, I do know your pain. The first couple of times I thought about taking Ella and Avery out by myself, had no clue how it was gonna happen. It get's better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I think about you and the girls every time I take Ellie somewhere. I think, how in the heck did Kim go anywhere alone? hahaha. I know it's going to get better, but I never thought I would be as nervous as I am whenever I take her somewhere.

    ReplyDelete