Friday, March 27, 2009

And She Speaks!

Ellie smiled back at me for the first time on her 1 month bday at 6 am in the morning while I was changing her diaper. But today she started talking (cooing) at me. There must be something about the early morning hours because it's during this time that she seems most alert and ready to talk to me. I have noticed that for the last week she just looks like she's trying to tell me something and this morning she finally got it out. It was just 3 little coos and a few smiles but it was so precious and I could tell she was so happy to get it out! She had this excited / proud look on her face like, "Finally, I did it!" I have tried to get a repeat performance the rest of the day and haven't been successful. I'll be looking forward to our early morning diaper changes from now on!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I think she said, I want some brownies like Dad.

    ReplyDelete