Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our first days with Ellie

Ryan and I are so glad to finally be home with Ellie. Our lives have definitely changed though. Everything revolves around our little one. She is a sweet baby and we love to just sit and look at her as much as we can. She sleeps alot right now, especially during the day. At night she is a little bit fussier, but not too bad. She doesn't like to be put down to sleep in her bassinet though. She prefers to sleep on mine or Ryan's chests or to sleep in the bed with us. We have resorted to putting a co-sleeper in our bed for now until we can get her sleeping in the bassinet. The co-sleeper is like a mini baby bed that fits in between me and Ryan in our bed. It protects her and prevents us from rolling onto her in the middle of the night but still lets her feel close to us. In the meantime I am researching and reading up on ways to ease her into the bassinet, because that is where we would prefer that she sleep. Don't get me wrong, I love having her sleep with me or on me or whatever, it feels so good. But for her own well being, I want her to be comfortable sleeping in her own bed. I am not ready to let her cry it out though....it makes me cry.

1 comment: