Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

It's my very first Mother's Day and I have to say I have had a great one so far and it's just 9 a.m. I actually got my Mother's Day gift yesterday because Ryan said Ellie couldn't wait to give it to me and she wanted me to go ahead and open it. It was a gift card to Santa Fe Day Spa! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to go and have my HOUR LONG MASSAGE! I am in desperate need of one. To top that off, this weekend has been full of firsts for us. Ellie and I ventured out for a lunch/play date with 2 of my good friends, Cathi and Molly and their kids, Alli, Emma, and Jack. We went to Zoe's Kitchen at Patton Creek and sat outside. This was Ellie's first time to go out to eat and I was very nervous. She did cry for a bit, but eventually settled down and went to sleep. That night Ryan and I took her to a "real restaurant". We met Emma and Adam at Firebirds. I have never realized just how loud it is in a restaurant. I was so nervous that she would start screaming but even if she had, no one would have been able to hear it! I was able to enjoy a lovely margarita (oh, how i've missed you!) Since we were on a roll, I took her to the mall to get some make-up (she cried and it was loud so we quickly left! hahaha) and then last night we went to my favorite restaurant, Surin West. She was so great. And, here is the kicker.....Ellie has sleept from 10:30 -6:45 for the last 4 nights...except this morning she slept until 8!!!!! I have hit the jackpot! Happy Mother's Day to MEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!! It has been a great weekend. We are heading off to Aunt Bannie and Terry's house in a little bit for Mother's Day lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment